Our Saunas

Why Is The Salus Saunas Sauna Unique?

The Salus Saunas Far Infrared Sauna uses infrared radiant energy to directly penetrate the body’s tissues to a depth of over 1 ½ inches. It’s energy output is tuned to correspond so closely to the body’s own radiant energy that our bodies absorb close to 93% of the infrared waves that reach our skin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A conventional sauna must rely only on indirect means of heat: First, on convection (air currents) and then conduction (direct contact of hot air with the skin) to produce the heating effect on us. In a Salus Saunas sauna, less than 20% of the infrared energy heats the air, leaving over 80% available to be directly converted to heat within our bodies. Thus an IR based system can warm the user to a much greater depth and much more efficiently than a conventional sauna. The energy output in a Salus Saunas sauna is primarily used to convert energy directly to heat in us and not create excessively hot air that then only heats the skin superficially. This crucial difference explains many of the unprecedented benefits reported to be available through a Salus Saunas sauna that are not attainable through the use of a conventional (hot rocks/hot air) sauna.

The infrared energy applied in these thermal systems may induce up to 2-3 times the sweat volume of a hot air sauna while operating at a significantly cooler air temperature range of 110º to 130º vs. 180º to 235º F for hot air saunas. The lower heat range is safer for those concerned about cardiovascular risk factors that might be adversely affected by the higher temperatures encountered in old-style hot air saunas. Researchers report beneficial effects from hour-long whole-body infrared exposure in two groups of hypertensive patients that they studied, including 24-hour long increase in peripheral blood flow and decreases in high blood pressure.

It is also distinctly more pleasant to breathe air that is from 50º-125º F while taking a sauna. Due to its “user-friendly” nature, people naturally prefer to use the Salus Saunas sauna, and will continue to do so on a regular basis due to the ease of breathing much cooler air while feeling as warm as they choose, and a distinctive feeling of well-being reported by users as an after effect.  These Salus Saunas saunas may even be used with the door fully open if the only effect desired is infrared penetration or if a very cool no-sweat experience is desired as in a pre-activating warm-up while fully clothed. This approach might be used in warming up prior to stretching, working out, running or exposure to cold weather.

The Salus Saunas saunas are easier as well as more comfortable to use than old-fashioned hot air saunas. Hot air saunas require extensive warm-up periods of 30-60 minutes, making them much less practical than the modern Salus Saunas sauna which warm up in only 15-20 minutes from room temperature. Consistent and convenient at-home use is thus much more likely with a Salus Saunas sauna. Significantly lower operating costs make the Salus Saunas sauna more desirable than a regular sauna. A 20-minute session, including a 10-minute warm-up in the infrared sauna, costs about $0.05 cents of electricity. A comparable session with a full warm-up in a conventional sauna costs $1 or more per session.

Daily usage of a Salus Saunas sauna will raise your electricity bill by about $2 a month compared to at least $30 a month in a conventional sauna, if each is used for 20 minutes after warm-up. These infrared saunas bring you the same infrared rays experienced in the traditional American Indian sweat lodge and bring them to you in a much more convenient and easily used form - the privacy of your own home! The cleansing and purifying benefits attributed to the traditional sweat lodges are now available for daily purification without the time-consuming and extremely labor-intensive set-up process that a sweat lodge requires.

Copyright 2016 Salus Saunas.

All Rights Reserved.